CHCC CAPS Program
Have you heard about the CAPS Program?
Since 1978, the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC) has served as a statewide ethnic business organization advocating, educating, and promoting the economic growth and development of Hispanic entrepreneurs and the needs of their employees.
The California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce Foundation (CHCCF) works in tandem with the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC) to develop and execute programs that contribute to the capacity and effectiveness of Hispanic organizations, the growth of Hispanic businesses,
Applicants are notified in February if they are selected as finalists and join the 2022 CAPS Cohort. More information on the interview process is provided to finalists upon notification in January 2022. Fellows classes are selected from among the finalists based on numerous factors, including: skills and abilities of the individual; diversity of experiences and perspectives among class members; ability of the candidates to learn from and work with each other; regional leadership needs; and others.
- Must be, at least, 21 years of age and enrolled in a college/university or higher in Spring semester/quarter of 2022
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 (not mandatory)
- Must be a California resident
- Demonstrate financial need
- Completion of the Application
- Background and contact information
- Transcripts from all post-secondary academic institutions you have attended (unofficial transcripts are accepted)
- Submission of Essay(s) CAPS leadership will be basing their assessments on the candidate’s ability to craft a narrative and express their interest of joining the CAPS program through the essay prompts given.
- (Candidates will only need to submit ONE essay at a 750 word limit).
- Based on the Assessment Rubric candidates will receive a notification from CAPS Leadership to advance to the Interview segment of the application process.
If you should have any questions please email [email protected] or call (916) 444 -2221.