Job Opportunity - Grant Writer
The San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking to hire an experienced Grant Writer. The candidate’s primary duties will be search, recommend, apply, and monitor the progress of grants. The function of a Grant Writer is to gather documentation and fulfill the necessary requirements of various funding bodies to formally seek funding on behalf of the organization. The candidate must be an excellent researcher who not only finds the funding organization who’s grants match with their non-profit, but also must be an astute writer who knows how to properly appeal to the funding organizations board.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Top-shelf research skills
- Ability to understand the needs of both the organization in need of funding and the organization that is offering the grant money.
- Great organizational skills
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions.
- Outstanding computer skills
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the organization.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Submit proposals to the President and Treasurer grant coordinators for review.
- Present to the SDCHCC Board for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES